17.12.11

Top 5 on Friday*

*Exceptionally today in a Saturday

Top 5 musical highlights lowlights of 2011

1. the end of R.E.M.
Great band. A sad surprise

2. the death of Amy Winehouse
I'm not a fan of Amy but I heard "Back to black" a lot! I was hoping she would get better, now she's a product for what Gilberto Gil called the "necrophilia of art". R.I.P.

3. the overdose of Justin Bieber and similar around me
I try to respect but I can't take these people. And their fan. Especially the fans.

4. Rock (?) in Rio / SWU / Planeta Terra Festival
The majors music festivals in Brazil were overpriced, with terrible organizations and line-ups not that interesting... at least I've saved money.

5. Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto
It's not a terrible album, I gotta admit I enjoy "Paradise" and "Every teardrop is a waterfall" very much but it was disappointing in general. Like Viva La Vida but more pop. They are losing their mojo. A rush of blood to the head still is their best album. To me, of course.