19.11.12

Breakfast at Tiffany's

I love the original couple from the 1961's version, but I must confess I don't think that story was properly told. 7,8 on IMDb doesn't match the reality, even with the great Audrey Hepburn leading the cast.

I was watching the movie again last week and it occurred to me: since Hollywood is so into doing new versions of iconic movies (and sometimes the original was barely released, like the amazing Let the right on in), redoing Breakfast would be a great chance to explore better so many things about the characters... 

I would definitely keep the story on the late 50's, the stylish wardrobe and I think Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway could do a great job reviving those two characters.

I know, another movie with them, together? 

I say yes, because if there's one thing from the original that should be kept and these two can easily bring back is charm and empathy in a very classical Hollywood way. 

No sex scenes, no nudity, of course. All that skin in Love and other drugs was enough for an era. Oh, and I think Hathaway would be fantastic singing "Moon River".